Is this workshop for you?
- Is management asking you to reduce information development and translation costs?
- Do you create more information than customers need?
- Writing for mobile?
- Do you have fewer people to create and maintain the information you’ve created in the past?
- Are you considering content management and single sourcing?
If your answers are “yes,” then this minimalism workshop meets your needs directly.
Minimal documents require sound design, but once you have them in place, the savings are clear. They also cost less to produce, are easier to maintain, and reduce requests for customer support.
You will learn how to
- Determine when minimalist strategies should be used
- Apply the four basic principles of minimalism
- Eliminate unnecessary content from your documentation
- Prioritise the content included in your documentation
- Emphasise crucial information, such as tasks and troubleshooting
- Improve content accessibility and findability
- Write, edit, and review documents with a focus on minimalism
- Prepare your content for a move to a structured, topic-based environment
- Justify your content decisions
Dr JoAnn Hackos will be presenting this workshop in Sydney on March 14 and 15.